Research Scientist – West Lafayette – Birck Nanotechnology CenterJob Number: 1201194
Work in close collaboration with Purdue professors in the field of nanophotonics. Design and conduct research experiments, fabricate and characterize composite nanomaterials, and prepare manuscripts for publication. Handle student training and maintenance of the nanophotonics equipment available in the Birck Nanotechnology Center.
- Ph.D. in physics, optics, materials science, or closely related field.
- Three years experience working with a broad class of CW and pulsed laser systems and experience in using advanced optical characterization of nanostructured materials.
- Experience fabricating metal nanostructures.
- Advanced knowledge of nonlinear optics and spectroscopy, and laser physics.
- Knowledge of basic principles of nanophotonics and optical properties of metal nanoparticles and composite materials.
- Supervisory experience with strong ability to train and oversee graduate students.
- Ability to lead independent research and be a good team player.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- A background check is required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime).
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions Immediately.
- Purdue University is an equal opportunity, equal access, affirmative action employer.