Technical Aide – Nanotechnology-1106274
: Corporate Staff Groups
: USA Region-United States-Minnesota-Maplewood
: Technical Aide
For more than 100 years, 3M has been a company that delivers both sustainable growth and consistent results. Today is no exception. We are making great progress toward inventing a new future for 3M – a future of faster growth and increased competitiveness, while continuing to deliver superior results.
This particular position is a temporary, part-time assignment with 3M’s Technical Aide Program and is not benefit eligible. The Technical Aide Program is designed to support the 3M technical community. As a Technical Aide located in Maplewood, MN, you will be assisting the 3M technical staff in the performance of their job responsibilities. It is a great way to get relevant work experience that complements your education.
Duties include setting up laboratory equipment and carrying out inorganic and organic syntheses, maintaining a chemical lab, processing and submitting properly labeled chemical waste for removal, keeping accurate records in laboratory notebook, communicating results in both oral and written form, locating and ordering chemical and laboratory equipment.
This position is PART-TIME and limited to working 899 hours per service credit year.
- Enrolled in or graduated from a Post-High School Science, Research or Engineering degree program
- Current overall GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Chemistry laboratory experience
- Position will require part-time availability during regular business hours throughout the school year (two 8-hour days) and potential full-time hours during the summer
- Undergraduate experience in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Polymer or Material Science is strongly preferred
- Good record keeping and organizational skills
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M. 3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.