- Employer: Nanotechnology, Hitachi Chemical Research Center, Inc.
- Location: Irvine, CA, United States
- Posted: Dec 08, 2010 Expires: Jan 14, 2011
- Hitachi Chemical Research Center, Inc. (HCR) is a research and development company directed towards novel technology platforms and related bio or bio mimetic materials for life sciences. HCR is a subsidiary of Hitachi Chemical Company, Ltd., a chemical manufacturer producing innovative technologies in the areas of Electronic Related Products and Advanced Performance Products.
In this multifaceted role as a researcher you will utilize your technical skills and knowledge to create, develop, and direct your own project in the nanotechnology or nanomaterial fields. The goal, to develop polymer based functional materials/composites to support human health and the environment. With the support of the business development group you will understand the market value of your project and help guide it to commercialization.
HCR is hiring two Research Scientists/Engineers with a background in biochemistry, polymer chemistry (including synthetic chemistry) and material sciences. In addition, we are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- A PhD
- An independent researcher who has demonstrated scientific creativity and technical proficiency in his/her field as evidenced by publications in top tiered journals and presentations of work at relevant scientific conferences.
- Advanced problem solving skills, excellent communication skills and sound scientfic judgment of complex issues.
- A strong background working with polymers/polymer composites.
- To apply:
- Interested candidates can email resumes to Ms. Lisa Osborn at email@example.com