|RTI is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as the first scientific organization in and centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.|
|The Departments of Pharmacology and Toxicology and Aerosol Technology at RTI International in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina are seeking an individual for a full-time, regular position of Toxicologist or Pharmacologist to conduct basic and applied research on the exposure and hazard assessment of inhaled nanomaterials.
The position will focus on the development of in vivo animal models of exposure to airborne nanomaterials and the toxicological sequelae of their exposure.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical guidance and leadership to staff, identifying growth areas for this technology, writing proposals to expand into new nanomaterials research and technology areas, collaborating with other RTI scientists on new and existing programs, and presenting results to staff, management, and the scientific community.
• Ph.D. in Pharmacology, Toxicology or a related field.
• Minimum 3 years related experience
• Experience working with nanomaterials and animal models of toxicity.
• A willingness to be a member of a research team focused on method and protocol development is critical, as the successful candidate will be expected to work closely with RTI aerosol engineers.
Additionally, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
• Highly interactive interpersonal skills for effective communication with project team members, various staff (including engineers, scientists, technicians, clients, vendors, etc), the scientific community, and potential funding sources;
• Strong leadership potential;
• Desire to expand or develop new research and product development programs in nanotechnology;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills including a track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals, securing funding from external sources and the ability to create and successfully implement experimental test plans;
• Demonstrated ability to work equally well independently and as part of a larger team.
RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program, for specific information on this program please visit our employment portal at www.rti.org/jobs
|Equal Employment Opportunity|
|We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Specific information regarding the laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be located at the employment portal www.rti.org/jobs***|