Minimum Experience/Education: PhD in Chemical Engineering or closely related field.
Departmental Required Skills:
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education: Experience in electronic and functional materials synthesis, including fundamentals of semiconductor materials, device fabrication and characterization. Experience in electrochemistry or photoelectrochemistry is desired but not required.
Essential Job Duties: This person will be performing research in the area of thin film nanotechnologies in support of the project expected to be funded through the Research Triangle Solar Fuels Institute at Research Triangle Institute.
Part of this project includes developing facilities in the Nano-Energy Laboratory at North Carolina State University for semiconductor photoelectrochemistry studies, and this person will be responsible for leading the implementation and upkeep of the equipment in this laboratory.
The ideal candidate will help expand the research depth and breadth of the research group by developing and writing research proposals, and helping to provide research mentoring for undergraduate and graduate students.
* Perform leading edge fundamental research in nanoscale materials of interest for photoelectrochemical renewable energy and related applications.
* Work directly with undergraduate students, graduate students and post docs to implement and perform laboratory work
* Write and publish high quality research papers related to research results
* Present research results to professional organizations and sponsors
* Manage choice, implementation and development of equipment and services for the Nano Energy Laboratory.
* Help expand research opportunities by developing research proposals and external research interactions.
Necessary Licenses or Certifications:
AA/EOE. In addition, NC State welcomes all persons without regard to sexual orientation.