- As part of Battelle’s Health and Life Sciences Global Business, you will touch every aspect of human health. We deliver far reaching solutions to some of the world’s most pressing health challenges – from developing medical products that change individual lives to pharmaceuticals that address potentially devastating health conditions on a global scale. Battelle supports your career by offering you the opportunity and resources to solve the most critical health problems, breakthrough technology developments, mentorship opportunities, upward mobility, and company ethics and reputation. Are you ready to Fast Forward To Your Growth?
As a Postdoctoral Researcher under the Battelle Center for Fundamental and Applied Systems Toxicology (B-FAST) you will be involved in collaborative research with scientists from Battelle and several of the National Laboratories we manage/co-manage, and potentially with other members of the public and private sectors. We envision our collaboration to result in the development of the science and tools that will transform the way safety science and toxicology testing are practiced today.
Postdoc Researcher – Position Overview
Our Health and Life Sciences division is looking for a Postdoctoral Nanobiology Researcher. The Postdoc will work in a multi-investigator multi-disciplinary team to understand fundamental principles guiding the biodistribution of and biological response to engineered nanomaterials. The successful applicant will contribute to both experimental and computational analysis of nanomaterial biokinetics and response data in both cellular and whole animal systems. Studies will employ integration of ‘omics response data with state-of-the-art biological imaging methodologies, with the goal of developing predictive frameworks for evaluating nanomaterial interactions with biological systems. The position offers opportunities for cross-disciplinary training and involvement in a dynamic research program that includes a diverse group of investigators across multiple research institutions. The Candidate will be expected to prepare reports and present data at weekly team meetings, as well as national and international scientific conferences. The candidate will also contribute to writing manuscripts for publication and proposals for external funding opportunities. This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in the use of advanced technologies in toxicology and pharmacology. Primary research for this position is located at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory campus, located in Richland, WA. PNNL is operated by Battelle for the US Department of Energy.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
• Recent PhD in bioengineering, biochemistry, chemical engineering or related field
• Demonstrated hands-on experience in use of high content data to investigate biological pathway responses
• Direct experience in mammalian cell culture models and familiarity with animal models
• Working knowledge of nanotechnology
• Proven ability to assimilate information quickly and apply knowledge to a broad array of novel situations
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
• Strong background in computational analysis of biological pathways using diverse data sources
• Experience working effectively in an interactive, matrixed environment, working with toxicologists, physiologists and chemists toward a common endpoint
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.
- To apply:
- Please visit the Battelle corporate website, www.battelle.org/careers, create a profile, upload a resume and apply to requisition number 113.