: Corporate Staff Groups
: USA Region-United States-Minnesota-Maplewood
: Entry Level
For more than 100 years, 3M has been a company that delivers both sustainable growth and consistent results. Today is no exception. We are making great progress toward inventing a new future for 3M – a future of faster growth and increased competitiveness, while continuing to deliver superior results.
The Corporate Research Materials Laboratory is looking for a Senior Research Chemist or Senior Research Engineer. The position exists within the laboratory’s group that is focused on inorganic materials and nanotechnology.
The research chemist or engineer would be responsible for planning, carrying out, and reporting bench level experiments conducted as part of ongoing or new technology development projects. Selected current project areas include touch display materials and fuel cell electrolytes. Other areas of interest include energy-related materials, hybrid organic-inorganic materials, catalysts, precision ceramic processing, and chemical processing of ceramics.
· PhD in Chemical Engineering; Materials Science/Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aero Engineering, or related field
· GPA of 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale
· Ph.D. in Chemistry, Materials Science and Engineering, or Chemical Engineering
· Experience in areas such as chemical self-assembly, hybrid or nanocomposite materials synthesis and processing, sol-gel processing, or molding of ceramics
· Experience in touch display materials and fuel cell electrolytes
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M. 3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.