- Ph.D. in biomedical sciences or engineering with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in nanotechnology R&D and/or synthesis of emissive nanoparticles.
- Strong background in biological sciences and bioengineering, particularly immunoassay development.
- Experience optimizing diagnostic platforms (i.e. material selection, engineering protocols, etc.).
- Team-oriented and pro-active attitude; ability to communicate and interact effectively with management as well as lab personnel.
- Experience with functionalizing nanoparticles with monoclonal antibodies.
- Working knowledge of quality management systems (ISO 9001:2008, GMP, GLP).
Seeking a talented and highly motivated scientist with a strong background in nanoparticle synthesis, design, and functionalization.
The successful candidate will be familiar with the application of emissive nanoparticles for use in immunoassay development. A strong background in optical detection modalities is also preferred .
This position provides the opportunity to be a member of the core design team and as such will need to demonstrate high levels of enthusiasm, dedication, and innovation. The primary responsibility for this position would be the development and optimization of assays for the detection of various bacterial pathogens.
In Addition Candidate will be responsible for:
- Supervise product development and commercialization of novel antibody-based rapid detection platforms.
- Develop and optimize emissive nanoparticles for antibody based detection assays.
- Assess the viability of nanoparticles required to construct the assay.
- Represent engineering and materials expertise in project team meetings.
- Manage lab resources and assess performance of team members.
- Provide flexible support to colleagues working on correlating company projects.
- Identify and solve technical challenges, workflow issues and implement improvements.
- Participate in defining product requirements and specification.
- Participate in designing AOAC studies for validation of the product.
- Manage records and maintain data in accordance with ISO9001:2008 & GMP/GLP standards.
Lab Support, a division of On Assignment
Name: Philadelphia Lab Support