Battelle is a world leader in performing science and technology research for clients in both government and commercial sectors. Our Advanced Materials and Process Engineering (AMPE) group specializes in advanced materials development, materials testing and evaluation, chemical process engineering and improvement and for government and industrial applications. One focus area of the AMPE group is in nanomaterials research, developing new advanced materials for applications in electronics, energy storage, energy harvesting, and functional coatings and surfaces. AMPE is seeking a Research Leader for Nanotechnology in Columbus, Ohio for full time, regular shift work. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. A full benefits package will be provided. Relocation support is available.
The ideal candidate will be an internationally recognized authority in her/his field and maintain his/her reputation through continued publications, presentations, and patents.
The selected candidate will work at Battelle’s Columbus, OH headquarters. Primary job responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical leadership as principal investigator to the corporate initiative in nanotechnology. An area of focus for the initiative is developing materials and devices to enhance energy harvesting of the electromagnetic spectrum from visible to RF
- Mentor, lead, develop, and evaluate junior technical personnel
- Provide technical oversight on client-funded nanomaterials projects in multi-functional nanocomposites, energy storage, and functional coatings and surfaces
- Identify new nanotechnology areas with sustainable market impact and set the strategic direction for the commercialization of the new technology
- Advise senior leadership on technology landscape, investments, facilities, and strategic planning
- Contribute to significant project development and client relationship activities
- Prepare written reports and make presentations to clients and senior leadership
Candidate resumes must demonstrate the following minimum requirements in order to be forwarded for consideration:
- PhD in Chemistry, Material Science/Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or other closely-related physical science.
- PhD with at least 10 years experience in planning and leading research programs in nanotechnology, electronics or aerospace to achieve long-term business objectives
-A record of publications, presentations, and patents related to the nanotechnology field.
- An extraordinary degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness in the application and development of advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts
- Acts independently to expose and resolve problems associated with the development and implementation of new technology
- Experience working with DoD and commercial clients including leading/writing proposals
- US citizenship with the eligibility to obtain and maintain a Top Secret DOD clearance.
- Medically fit to work in the lab and perform assigned duties
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.