- Columbus, OH
- Research Director
- March 14, 2011
- April 14, 2011
- Requisition number:
Science jobs from Battelle: job description
FAST FORWARD TO YOUR NEXT MISSION
Integrity, confidence, discipline and commitment define your career in Battelle’s Energy, Environment and Material Sciences Global Business. Battelle was built on a firm foundation of honesty, integrity, and outstanding service and the work we do in national security impacts lives around the world; whether we’re creating armor for military applications, testing a life-saving vaccine, or developing a more efficient hydrogen fuel cell. At Battelle, we reward the best work with more responsibility, positions to grow and develop, and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world. Are YOU ready for your Next Mission?
Our Advanced Materials Applications (AMA) group specializes in advanced materials development, materials testing and evaluation for government and industrial applications. One focus area of the AMA group is in nanomaterials research, developing new advanced materials for applications in electronics, energy storage, energy harvesting, and functional coatings and surfaces. AMA is seeking a Research Leader in Columbus, Ohio.
The ideal candidate will be an internationally recognized authority in her/his field and maintain his/her reputation through continued publications, presentations, and patents.
Primary job responsibilities will include:
– Provide technical leadership as principal investigator to corporate initiatives in nanotechnology for energy, drug delivery and water purification applications.
– Identify new nanotechnology areas with sustainable market impact and set the strategic direction for the commercialization of the new technologies
- Contribute to significant project development and client relationship activities
– Provide technical oversight on client-funded nanomaterials projects in multi-functional nanocomposites, energy storage, and functional coatings and surfaces.
– Advise senior leadership on technology landscape, investments, facilities, and strategic planning
– Mentor, lead, develop, and evaluate junior technical personnel
– Prepare written reports and make presentations to clients and senior leadership
Candidate resumes must demonstrate the following minimum requirements in order to be forwarded for consideration:
– PhD in Chemistry, Material Science/Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or other closely-related physical science.
– PhD with at least 10 years experience in planning and leading research programs in nanotechnology to achieve long-term business objectives
-A record of publications, presentations, and patents related to the nanotechnology field.
– An extraordinary degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness in the application and development of advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts
– Acts independently to expose and resolve problems associated with the development and implementation of
– Experience working with government and commercial clients including leading/writing proposals
– US citizenship with the eligibility to obtain and maintain a Top Secret DOD clearance.
– Medically fit to work in the lab and perform assigned duties
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit