The facilities manager is responsible for the upkeep of equipment and is the primary microscopist for the Center. He/She performs basic characterization services, acts as safety officer, and aids in laboratory training. The facilities manager should be familiar with the use and operation of scanning probes, electron microscopy, optical microscopy, basic clean-room function, glove-box and evaporator maintenance. They are expected to attend one workshop per year in microscopy.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
- Ability to provide basic maintenance of lab equipment and facilities
- Experience with SEM and TEM microscopy
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills both orally and in writing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Power-point, the Internet
- Ability to carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision and minimal direction while faculty conduct their research.
BS in physics, chemistry or related discipline.
Regularly required to lift up to 20 lbs, occasionally required to lift up to 60 lbs.