University of Strathclyde – Department of Civil Engineering
Applications are invited for a PhD Studentship at the Department of Civil Engineering, University of Strathclyde to work on a research project related to one of the following topics:
- Intelligent civil infrastructure systems
- Effect of climate change on civil infrastructure systems
- Wireless sensor networks and data fusing in structural health monitoring
- Offshore structures for renewable energy
- Nanotechnology for sustainable civil infrastructure systems
The three-year PhD scholarship covers home/EU tuition fees, an additional stipend of £13,490 per year and research expenses.
Applicants should have a First or Upper Second Class degree (or equivalent) in engineering, applied mathematics or physical sciences.
If you have any queries regarding the application procedure, please contact Lisa Lyons (email firstname.lastname@example.org) Department of Civil Engineering, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow G4 0NG.
Applications should be submitted through our online system, which is accessed via www.strath.ac.uk/civeng/pg/mphilphd/
Please indicate your interest for the above scholarships in the ‘source of funding’ box on the form.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is: Friday 29th October 2010. Applications are being accepted until the positions are filled.