Veeco is a leading provider of Metrology and Process Equipment solutions. Our products are critical enabling instruments used in the advancement of scientific research, life sciences and nanotechnology. Veeco’s Atomic Force Microscopes (AFM) and optical & stylus surface profiling systems set the performance standards for three-dimensional characterization of nano-structures.
We currently have a vacancy for an Internal Sales Engineer in our instrumentation group (AFM and Surface Profiling), responsible for:
Growth in non-systems sales (probes, accessories, upgrades and service packages)
This role would be ideal for a candidate with a strong technical background looking to begin a career in sales, with a view to graduating into a more senior, field-based sales role in the future.
The position will be based in our modern UK headquarters in Swavesey, CAMBS, but will cover the entire European, Middle East and African (EMEA) territories. As such, foreign language skills would be a distinct advantage, particularly French and/or German, however this being an internal position extensive travel is not expected.
- Growth in sales for non-systems items such as probes, accessories, upgrades and service contracts for Veeco’s metrology instrumentation products.
- Sales support for the above working with European Channel Partner Managers to provide technical and commercial data to Veeco European partner sales network. Requires creativity and resilience to balance Veeco needs versus channel partner needs,
- Close liaison with European Service Manager to refine and market service contract and training offerings
- Role includes direct sales to customers as well as lead generation for external field sales/service team and channel partners
- Management of customer database through CRM software
- Reporting directly to Sales Manager, UK, Ireland and Non System Europe
- Minimum BSc in physical sciences subject
- Strong desire to forge a career in sales
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills
- Energetic self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Fluent in English language. Additional languages, in particular French and/or German would be a distinct advantage.
- Technical background (including PhD research) in AFM and/or other surface metrology instrumentation would be preferred.
Please contact: email@example.com for further information.