- Job Role: Chemistry, Engineering, Mechanical engineering, Other, Food Science, Materials Science, Nanotechnology
- Job Hours: Full-Time
- Sector: Industry
- Location: South East
- Company: Hudson Shribman
- Salary: c£40-£46k
- Job reference: AF/ 015533
- Posted Date: 21 July 2010 14:22:54
Design Engineer c£40-£46k
South, UK Ref: AF/015533
A Design Engineer is urgently required to join a world leading company in its field, to develop next generation products. You will apply expert engineering design knowledge to resolve technical engineering challenges and ensure delivery of consumer relevant innovation technologies. You will initiate and adapt solutions to product challenges in engineering and manufacturing projects across the full spectrum of new product design (NPD) manufacture, driving the next generation of innovative products for the business.
• Application of expert engineering design knowledge to create new approaches and solutions to technology/ product/ material design challenges.
• Identify requirements for and approve procedures/ process to ensure ‘Best Practice’ in innovative design engineering.
• Specify and identify machinery for projects with the ability to address new mechanical/ machine/ material interaction problems from 1st principles, adopting a ‘hands on’ approach where needed.
• Initiate and support the creative process to improve existing products and deliver novel technologies.
• Develop new and existing supplier relationships.
• Provide technical supervision and coaching to support staff across the department and wider technical business functions as required.
Skills/ Qualifications/ Experience
• Professional Engineer, either formally qualified (BSc/ MSc/ PhD – Mechanical, Materials, Design, Process Engineering etc) or with professional commercial experience, including ‘apprenticeship route’.
• Relevant industrial technical experience (FMCG desirable).
• Excellent process engineering ability, taking concept, design through to proof of function.
• Excellent working experience of 3D CAD software (e.g. Inventor, Solidworks, Solid Edge)”
• Maintain active awareness and understanding of technical developments.
• Competent presentation and report writing skills.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to translate technical issues for a wider audience.
As well as an excellent benefits package, our client offers full relocation support for those needing to move to take up this position – further details on request.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please contact Alison Fisher on
020 7421 5200 / 07814 547 440, or apply via email, entering the job title and reference code (AF/015533) in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org