A superb opportunity for an experienced Scientific R&D / Chemistry Research Manager with an excellent understanding of nanotechnology and working at the molecularlevel to lead a team of talented Applied Research Scientists & Technicians at this innovative and rapidly developing high-tech Nanotechnology Coating Company.
Chemistry Research Manager – Nanotechnology/Coatings
Salary – negotiable but probably C£50K + Excellent Benefits
Location – Oxfordshire
A Scientific R&D / Chemistry Research Manager is required to join a innovative Nanotechnology company. The company’s technology is a unique Organic Nanocoating that, when applied to a wide range of substrates via an enhanced PVD, makes them impervious to water and oil. The uptake has already been massive and the potential applications of this patented process are vast. They currently provide coating technology for a variety of industries including textiles/clothing, consumer durables, electronics, energy, medical devices etc iwht many more in the pipeline.
The company is expanding their technology portfolio by furthering their research into the current coating and potentially into functional coatings.
To support this growth they are looking for a Chemistry Research Manager to head up the Applied Research Team to work on new breakthroughs, applications and enhancements to the current technology plus further research.
The opportunity provides a chance to join a vibrant and exciting international company who are at the forefront of their industry sector, providing the opportunity to work on amazing projects and utilising the companies’ state-of-the-art equipment and facilities.
To be considered for the role as Research Manager you need the following:
- Ideally a PhD or a good first Class Degree in Chemistry or Materials Science
Technical Experience of :
- Nanotechnology/working at the molecular level
- Surface Science and Analysis
- Plasma Vapour Deposition (PVD, PE-CVD, CVD)
Proven commercial experience of:
- R&D Project Management Skills and prior experience of leading research projects
- Ability to work to agreed project timetable successfully
- Able to assimilate technical information easily
- Experience of working in a commercial environment and use to working to commercial pressures, budgets and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Motivated, energetic and happy to work in a fast passed and rapidly changing environment
- Passionate about developing new technologies
- Excellent relationship building skills