Applied Research Team Leader – Nanotechnology/Surface Science/Coatings
Salary – Up to £48k + Benefits
Skills – Nanotechnology, Nanocoatings, Team Leader, Management, Project Management, Coatings, Surface Science, Surface Analysis, TEM, SEM, PECVD, PVD, , Chemistry
Do you have experience of managing a team of Scientists on research and development Projects?
Want to join a highly successful new development company at the forefront of innovation?
Do you have A PhD or good first Degree in a Science or Engineering subject?
A background in chemistry or a materials science?
We are the world leader in liquid-repellent nano-coating technology. We are looking for a Applied Research Team Leader to enhance our growing team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a company making waves within a range of industries.
This role is for someone who wants something exciting and challenging, who thrives in a fast paced environment, with a Passion for new technologies and innovation.
Due to extensive growth plans the Applied Research Team require an experienced Team Leader to lead development projects and manage a team of talented Research Scientists. The company are looking for a creative and enthusiastic individual who is keen to develop their career within a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
The Applied Research Team Leader will be responsible for:
• Meet performance review objectives
• Deliver allocated development projects on-time, in-budget and to-specification
• Deliver core technologies appropriate to P2i needs
• Lead a diverse team of scientists to deliver to strategic and commercial deadlines
• To work on multiple research topics and projects as required
• To lead projects with a chemistry and surface analysis bias, taking responsibility for successful completion
• To work to project plans and inform line manager at earliest opportunity if project progress is not to plan
• Lead the applied research team including managing, mentoring and developing staff.
• Set and manage performance targets for direct reports
• To maintain comprehensive and accurate records of all work in formats requested
• To produce project progress reports as requested
• To attend and contribute to meetings as required
You will need:
• Strong project management and an understanding of the key processes in delivering projects
• Ability to lead a project team or work alone
• Have a proven track record in working to tight commercial deadlines
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Able to assimilate and disseminate technical information in timely manner
• Ability to work at a molecular level.
• Microsoft Office (good working knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
• Ability to work in a small company environment, with large company professionalism
• A PhD or good first Degree in a Science or Engineering subject. Experience in chemistry or a materials science is desirable.
• A minimum of 3 years experience leading scientific teams within a research or development environment.