Applied Research Team Leader – Nanotechnology/Surface Science/Coatings
Salary – Up to £48k + Benefits
Skills – Nanotechnology, Nanocoatings, Team Leader, Management, Project Management, Coatings, Surface Science, Surface Analysis, TEM, SEM, PECVD, PVD, , Chemistry
Do you have experience of managing a team of Scientists on research and development Projects?
Want to join a highly successful new development company at the forefront of innovation?
Do you have A PhD or good first Degree in a Science or Engineering subject?
A background in chemistry or a materials science?
We are the world leader in liquid-repellent nano-coating technology. We are looking for a Applied Research Team Leader to enhance our growing team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a company making waves within a range of industries.
This role is for someone who wants something exciting and challenging, who thrives in a fast paced environment, with a Passion for new technologies and innovation.
Due to extensive growth plans the Applied Research Team require an experienced Team Leader to lead development projects and manage a team of talented Research Scientists. The company are looking for a creative and enthusiastic individual who is keen to develop their career within a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
The Applied Research Team Leader will be responsible for:
* Meet performance review objectives
* Deliver allocated development projects on-time, in-budget and to-specification
* Deliver core technologies appropriate to P2i needs
* Lead a diverse team of scientists to deliver to strategic and commercial deadlines
* To work on multiple research topics and projects as required
* To lead projects with a chemistry and surface analysis bias, taking responsibility for successful completion
* To work to project plans and inform line manager at earliest opportunity if project progress is not to plan
* Lead the applied research team including managing, mentoring and developing staff.
* Set and manage performance targets for direct reports
* To maintain comprehensive and accurate records of all work in formats requested
* To produce project progress reports as requested
* To attend and contribute to meetings as required
You will need:
* Strong project management and an understanding of the key processes in delivering projects
* Ability to lead a project team or work alone
* Have a proven track record in working to tight commercial deadlines
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Able to assimilate and disseminate technical information in timely manner
* Ability to work at a molecular level.
* Microsoft Office (good working knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
* Ability to work in a small company environment, with large company professionalism
* A PhD or good first Degree in a Science or Engineering subject. Experience in chemistry or a materials science is desirable.
* A minimum of 3 years experience leading scientific teams within a research or development environment.