Do you have experience in managing a team of Scientists in research and development Projects?
Want to join a highly successful new development company at the forefront of innovation?
Do you have A PhD or good first Degree in a Science or Engineering subject?
A background in chemistry or a materials science?
We are the world leader in liquid-repellent nano-coating technology. We are looking for a Applied
Research Team Leader to enhance our growing team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a company making waves within a range of industries.
This role is for someone who wants something exciting and challenging, who thrives in a fast paced environment, with a Passion for new technologies and innovation.
Due to extensive growth plans the Applied Research Team require an experienced Team Leader to lead development projects and manage a team of talented Research Scientists. The company are looking for a creative and enthusiastic individual who is keen to develop their career within a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
The Applied Research Team Leader will be responsible for:
- Meeting performance review objectives
- Delivering allocated development projects on-time, in-budget and to-specification
- Delivering core technologies appropriate to needs
- Leading a diverse team of scientists to deliver to strategic and commercial deadlines
- To work on multiple research topics and projects as required
- To lead projects with a chemistry and surface analysis bias, taking responsibility for successful completion
- To work to project plans and inform line manager at earliest opportunity if project progress is not to plan
- Lead the applied research team including managing, mentoring and developing staff.
- Set and manage performance targets for direct reports
- To maintain comprehensive and accurate records of all work in formats requested
- To produce project progress reports as requested
- To attend and contribute to meetings as required
You will need
- Strong project management and an understanding of the key processes in delivering projects
- Ability to lead a project team or work alone
- Have a proven track record in working to tight commercial deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Able to assimilate and disseminate technical information in timely manner
- Ability to work at a molecular level.
- Microsoft Office (good working knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Ability to work in a small company environment, with large company professionalism
- A PhD or good first Degree in a Science or Engineering subject. Experience in chemistry or a materials science is desirable.
- A minimum of 3 years experience leading scientific teams within a research or development environment.
About Vector Recruitment
We are a specialist recruitment company finding great jobs for software and electronics design engineers, scientists, mathematicians, physicists and chemists, with some of the UK’s leading high tech companies.
We also help Technical Sales, Pre Sales, Product Specialists and Project Management specialists who seek to work for “the best of the best” and who need an informed recruitment partner to help them find the right career opportunity!
If that’s you and you’re looking for a new, challenging career, then we can help you get it.