- IBEC – Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia
- Research Fellow
- February 11, 2011
- April 12, 2011
- Jobs by tag(s):
- Requisition number:
Science jobs from IBEC – Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia: job description
The Nanobioengineering group of the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia is looking for a predoc or postdoc researcher to work on the development of nanotechnological tools for malaria research.
The successful candidate will be involved in:
• Design of nanovectors for targeted drug delivery.
• Application of single-molecule force spectroscopy to the study of adhesion forces between glycosaminoglycans and Plasmodium-infected red blood cells.
• Analysis of amyloid-forming peptide sequences in Plasmodium proteins oriented to the research of new vaccination approaches.
• Degree in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biology, Medicine, or similar areas.
• Basic training in cell cultures and interest in the interface between technology and life sciences.
• English: high level.
• Experience in Plasmodium cell culture is welcome but not a must.
• The successful candidate is expected to apply successfully for a PhD thesis or post-doctoral fellowship.
• 9-month contract, starting on 01/04/2011.
• The working place will be the Barcelona Centre for International Health Research (CRESIB, Hospital Clínic-Universitat de Barcelona) in its laboratories at the Centre Esther Koplowitz.
Interested applicants please send your CV and your degree marks to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 28/02/2011 (Reference: NAM-XF).