|The European Commission, the Spanish Presidency of the European Union, the Government of Principality of Asturias, the NANOfutures association and PRODINTEC are pleased to announce the Official Launching of the European Initiative “NANOfutures”: European Technology Integration and Innovation Platform (ETIP) in Nanotechnology. This event will be held in Gijón (Asturias) on the 15-16th June 2010 (please click on Programme.pdf). This initiative has been included as Official Event of the Spanish EU Presidency.
Participants will have a unique opportunity to extend their knowledge on nanotechnologies, as well as get in contact with top-level European industrialists and world-class researchers in order to learn about nanotechnology, to exchange information, to find new applications for nanotechnology, to open new business opportunities and to increase their awareness on on-going R&D activities in the field.
The event will comprise four main blocks:
- Official Launching of the European Initiative “NANOfutures”. High representatives from the European Commission and the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation will explain the main objectives of this initiative.
- Nanotechnology: state of the art, challenges for innovation, and future potential markets for European companies.Top-level industrialists and world-class researchers from Europe will speak on challenges to bring innovation to the nanotechnology field as well as setting out how to overcome the current market barriers for full implementation of research activities.
- Technology Transfer Event: from research to market A special session will be organized where researchers participating in state-of-the-art R&D projects at a European and national level will have the opportunity to meet face-to-face with industrialists and vice versa.
- Financial investment in nanotechnology (start ups, venture capitalists, business angels, etc). A special session for financial investors, entrepreneurs, start-up and spin-off managers, and researchers will be held.
Who should attend…
- Industrial companies interested in doing business in nanotechnology
- Research and Technology Centers and Universities
- Policy makers
- Financial investors
- National Economic Development Agencies