Institute of Occupational Medicine
The Institute of Occupational Medicine (IOM) is a major independent centre of scientific excellence in the fields of occupational and environmental health, hygiene and safety. Our mission is to benefit those at work and in the community by providing quality research, consultancy and training in health, hygiene and safety and by maintaining our independent, impartial position as an international centre of excellence.
Safenano is the UK’s Micros and Nanotechnology Centre of Excellence in Nanotechnology Safety.
We are actively seeking a Research Scientist in our Edinburgh office.
The principal technical and administrative functions will include:
- Provision of specialist competence in Life Cycle Assessment (LCA);
- Supporting the development of proposals in the pursuit of consultancy and research opportunities:
- Contributing to and leading (where appropriate) projects involving LCA;
- Developing and implementing LCA methods for nanotechnology;
- Writing client reports, position papers and articles for peer-reviewed publication.
The post holder should have a first degree (minimum Upper Second Class division) in a physical or life science and post-graduate qualification in a physical or life science, with a focus on life cycle assessment (LCA).
Further information about the post should be requested from Ms Gemma Burns (email@example.com)
Salary range £17-847 – £25,000 will be dependent on qualifications and experience.
Closing date 31st August 2010