- A postdoctoral position is available in a research program focused on evolution-inspired discovery of novel micellar and supramolecular catalysts. Recent PhDs in chemistry and physics looking for an exciting project are encouraged to apply.
A strong background in synthetic organic, physical organic, or colloidal chemistry is desired. Preference will be given to the candidates with experience in organic synthesis, nanocharacterization, and computational modeling of complex systems.
Flexibility, team orientation, excellent communication skills in English, as well as determination and desire to acquire a broad portfolio of new techniques are mandatory. Successful candidate will work in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary environment.
Expected start date: February 1, 2011.
- To apply:
- Please submit:
- a cover letter
- CV in a customary format, including publication list
- reprints of the three most significant publications
- contact information for three references
- to Prof. Valentin Rodionov by email to email@example.com .
Important: all the documents have to be in .pdf format. Please put “PO_103110″ in the subject line of your email. Please email complete applications only. Review of the applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
- Catalysis Center (http://www.kaust.edu.sa/research/centers/catalysis.html) is one of nine research centers at the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). The Center’s scientists develop innovative catalysts, novel catalytic reactions and original catalytic technologies, which are crucial to meet future challenges. The center will move from “catalyst discovery” to “catalysis by design.”
KAUST is located 80 km north of Jeddah on the Red Sea in Thuwal, Saudi Arabia. Newly opened in September 2009, KAUST is an independent merit-based research university that has attracted exceptional researchers, faculty and students from around the world. KAUST offers world-class facilities, competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits.