Cleveland, Ohio – June 16, 2010 – Keithley Instruments, Inc. (NYSE:KEI), a world leader in advanced electrical test instruments and systems, announced its new Nanotechnology Technical Test Library on CD.
Keithley Offers Free CD of Nanotechnology Test Tutorials
Cleveland, Ohio – June 16, 2010 – Keithley Instruments, Inc. (NYSE:KEI), a world leader in advanced electrical test instruments and systems, announced its new Nanotechnology Technical Test Library on CD. The content of this free CD is helping to advance electrical measurements by providing technical papers, articles, data sheets, and links to online seminars covering a wide range of nanotechnology test applications. These applications include measurements that reveal important parameters of nanoscale semiconductor devices and materials, carbon nanotubes, Hall Effect devices, materials with non-linear resistance, and many others. Test and measurement solutions on the CD are organized by type of instrument: current sources, electrometers and picoammeters, integrated source/measure instruments, nanovoltmeters, parametric analyzers, and pulse/pattern generators. To receive a free copy of this CD, please visit www.ggcomm.com/Keithley/Jun10_PR_NanoCD.html.
More than six decades of experience in designing ultra-sensitive measurement tools allows Keithley to provide university, corporate, and government labs around the world with solutions for investigating new nanoscale material and device properties. Test techniques covered on the CD include measurements of differential conductance, four-point resistivity, ultra-fast pulse I-V to avoid device heating, 6-wire ohms measurements, and many more. Archived online multimedia seminars cover advanced nanotechnology topics such as particle beam imaging and prototyping tools, correlation of nanoscale mechanical and electrical properties, use of micromanipulators, and measurement issues in characterizing nanoelectronic architectures.
The Keithley instruments described on the CD and their typical applications include:
- Model 4200-SCS Semiconductor Characterization System and its Model 4225-PMU Pulse Module for ultra-fast I-V measurements on advanced materials and devices
- Model 6220 DC Current Source and Model 6221 AC/DC Current Source with built-in waveform generator to simplify the creation of complex current waveforms
- Model 6487 Picoammeter/Voltage Source for measuring currents from 20fA to 20mA at up to 1000 readings per second and sourcing voltage up to 500VDC
- Model 6517B Electrometer/High Resistance Meter with built-in 1kV source for highly sensitive measurements of device leakage and resistivity of insulating materials
- Series 3400 Pulse/Pattern Generators that allow customizing pulse amplitude, width, rise/fall times, and duty cycle for automated testing of devices with complex waveforms
- Model 2182A Nanovoltmeter, optimized for the stable, low noise voltage measurements needed for characterizing low resistance materials and devices
- Series 2400 and 2600A SourceMeter® Instruments for tightly coupled multi-channel source/measure testing, with built-in software to simplify complex test routines in I-V measurements
The full descriptions and performance characteristics of these and many other instruments are included on the CD. Multimedia presentations include demonstrations of how these instruments can be used.
For More Information.
To request a free copy of the Nanotechnology Technical Test Library CD, visit www.ggcomm.com/Keithley/Jun10_PR_NanoCD.html. To request information on any of Keithley’s instrumentation products or services, please visit www.keithley.com or contact the company.
About Keithley Instruments, Inc.
With more than 60 years of measurement expertise, Keithley Instruments has become a world leader in advanced electrical test instruments and systems. Our customers are scientists and engineers in the worldwide electronics industry involved with advanced materials research, semiconductor device development and fabrication, and the production of end products such as portable wireless devices. The value we provide them is a combination of products for their critical measurement needs and a rich understanding of their applications to improve the quality of their products and reduce their cost of test.
28775 Aurora Road
Cleveland, Ohio 44139
Reader Inquiries: (800) 688-9951