- NEST laboratory, Scuola Normale Superiore (SNS) & IIT@NEST, Pisa, Italy
- Piazza San Silvestro, 12, 56124 Pisa PI, Italia
- PhD Studentship
- September 20, 2010
Science jobs from NEST laboratory, Scuola Normale Superiore (SNS) & IIT@NEST, Pisa, Italy: job description
PhD research studentships will start November 1st, 2010. The duration of the grant is four years and successful candidates will be enrolled in the PhD programme in Molecular Biophysics of the IIT-Scuola Normale Superiore in Pisa (Italy).
The research activities will take place within the NEST-SNS (National Enterprise for nanoScience and nanoTechnology) and the IIT (Italian Institute of Technology), in a highly dynamic and multidisciplinary environment.
Studentships will be awarded by open competition. Candidates should possess a Master Degree/University Diploma in Biology, Chemistry, Physics or related fields.
It is strongly recommended for non-European candidates to take the ETS GRE – Subject Test in “Chemistry”, “Physics”, or “Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology”.
Advanced topics in nanobiotechnology and nanomedicine such as:
• Advanced characterization tools and imaging in-vitro and in-vivo
• Design and fabrication of active optical nanoprobes as intracellular reporters
• Modeling and monitoring of single bioevents
• Intelligent drug delivery
• LAB-on-a-chip technologies
• Nanotechnologies for controlled cell differentiation
• Smart Magnetic Resonance Imaging probes
h3. Application deadline
Monday, September 20, 2010