We are the world’s leading chemical company, because we offer intelligent solutions both for our customers and for a sustainable future. To this end, we connect people with very different talents − worldwide. This offers you a variety of opportunities. At BASF, your performance and your personality count. Careers develop from opportunities at BASF.
BASFs first research center for nanotechnology in Asia is located in Singapore. For our BASF Global Research Center in Singapore we are looking for a
Research & Development
BASF SE, Ludwigshafen
Research Scientist (f/m) Nanotechnology
What you can expect:
The Center for Nanostructured Surfaces in Singapore concentrates on surface modifications that can, for example, offer a solution to the problem of biofouling. We are developing products for our international customers in the fields of nano-structured polymeric systems. Our success is based on a sophisticated spectrum of competences, deep understanding of polymer chemistry & the latest methods of nanotechnology. As Research Scientist, you will be responsible for a laboratory team, project management and the work within an international team. In order to ensure our competitiveness you will observe and evaluate scientific trends as well as develop ideas and submit proposals for new projects. Furthermore, you will participate in an excellent scientific infrastructure of academia (A*STAR institutes) and industry and get the opportunity to strengthen our research network within Asia.
What we expect:
- University degree in chemistry with above average grades and with PhD
- PostDoc is welcome
- Broad expertise and interest in the field of polymer chemistry and nanotechnology
- Experience during studies or work in Europe and / or USA
- Excellent background in chemistry & physics
- Expert knowledge in English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial, energetic and innovative personality
- Flexible and strong facilitator of team work
- Creativity, high degree of motivation and personal responsibility
- Intercultural orientation
- Delight in interdisciplinary tasks
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and “on-the-job” training as part of a committed team.
Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Expect to be surprised by the exciting range of career opportunities at BASF.