Our client is a global blue chip specialist chemical and silicones company with a clear predominant market share. This is based on a product range that is in the thousands. You will be joining a subsidiary that has an equally strong brand image. Operating on a global scale within a range of industries, this is clearly a company to join. You will be surrounded by not only the expertise, but have the chance to boost the credibility of your CV by having the most successful chemical company as part of your credentials.
The jobholder will carry out research to develop new materials and processes for PV cell manufacturing. The Research Scientist will operate in a global team of about 10 researchers and technicians, located over two.
He/she will be involved in designing experiments, carrying them out in the laboratory, analyzing and sharing the results. Some of the research conducted by the Jobholder will be jointly done at partner Research Institutes and companies.
He/she will be owner of these external R&D programs, will follow the work closely and interact frequently with the external partners.
The jobholder will also contribute to setting up a small crystalline Si solar cells pilot line for research and customer technical support. This includes helping specifying, buying and installing the equipment as well as providing support for the starting up and development of the different process steps.
The ideal candidate:
- has a PhD degree in physics, chemistry, material science or electrical engineering
- has at least three years expertise in the field of Si solar cell technologies (including experience and expertise in analytical science)
- Experience in plasma technologies, devices, optics, nanotechnologies is an asset.
- has working experience in clean-room environment and in materials preparation, application and testing as well as knowledge and practice in statistics and design of experimentation.
- has analytical and conceptual abilities, a scientific approach to problem solving and out-of-the box thinking
- has good organizational skills and flexible attitude.
- has potential for project leadership
- is team oriented with co-operative approach.
- has excellent communication skills as well as the ability to leverage internal and external capabilities
- is optimism, enthusiasm for the field and a high level of achievement motivation.
- is fluent in English. Knowledge of French and German is an asset.
For more information regarding this vacancy please contact the Senior Consultant Abid Kanji on 0044 207 940 2108 or email him a MS word copy of his CV to firstname.lastname@example.org