Research Fellow, Queensland Micro- and Nanotechnology Centre
Griffith University – Queensland Micro- and Nanotechnology Centre
Element: Queensland Micro- and Nanotechnology Centre
Work type: Fixed Term (3 years)
Applications are invited for the position of Research Fellow Level 1.5 in the Queensland Micro- and Nanotechnology Centre (QMNC) to carry out research on the behaviour of fluids at the molecular level, using theoretical and computational methods. The research will involve development and testing theories related to the behaviour of fluids, and the application these results to nanoscale systems.
This is a Fixed term (3 years), Full time position based at the Nathan campus.
The Research Fellow will be work within the research group of the Director of the QMNC. In this role they will contribute to her research program which is focused on obtaining a greater understanding of fluids and their behaviour at the molecular level using theoretical and computational methods. This is part of the QMNC’s research project on fundamental studies on micro- and nanoscale systems.
The research fellow will be one of the senior members of the group and will need to be able to work independently at times and will assist in mentoring and supervision of research higher degree students.
The Research Fellow will require:
- a PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or a related discipline
- a high standard of written English and general communication skills
- proven ability to carry out research in the fields of statistical mechanics, molecular dynamics simulation or dynamical systems theory for the study of fluids
- a strong publication record relative to opportunity, with papers in internationally recognised journals
- experience developing computer code to solve scientific problems
- the ability to work well in a team environment
- the ability to work independently
Research Fellow, Grade 1: $57,243 – $67,336 per annum. Salary package including 17% employer superannuation contribution: $66,975 – $78,784 per annum.
Obtain the position description and application requirements by clicking the following link Research_Fellow,_Queensland_Micro-_and_Nanotechnology_Centre.pdf
For position queries, contact Professor Debra Bernhadt,Queensland Micro- and Nanotechnology Centre on +61 (0) 7 373 53921.
For application queries, contact Mr Wayne Beech, HR Officer on +61 (0) 7 373 55093.
Closing date: 23 September 2010 4:30pm AEST