|Area:||Faculty of Science|
|Salary:||Academic Level B ($76,789.59 – $91,187.38)|
|Work type:||Full time fixed term|
SCHOOL OF CHEMISTRY AND MOLECULAR BIOSCIENCES AND THE AUSTRALIAN INSTITUTE OF BIOENGINEERING AND NANOTECHNOLOGY
Excellent opportunity for early career or more established researchers to work in a stimulating and challenging research team environment.
The School of Chemistry and Molecular Biosciences (SCMB) combines the disciplines of Chemistry, Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Parasitology into a single academic unit. The School has modern research laboratories with state-of-the-art equipment and research infrastructure. The School includes over 50 academic staff who are widely published internationally and have extensive research backgrounds.
The Australian Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology (AIBN) is an exciting new research institute that abandons traditional boundaries to focus research effort into areas that will provide great benefit for human health, manufacturing, information technology and the environment. The unique capabilities of the AIBN come from merging the skills of the engineer, chemist, biologist and computational scientist to conduct a world-class research program in nano-scale science, technology and engineering, technology transfer and commercialization. The Research Professionals of the AIBN are leaders in the fields of bioengineering and nanotechnology.
An experienced and enthusiastic postdoctoral research fellow is required to join an exciting National Breast Cancer Foundation funded national collaborative research program that aims to develop nanoscaled biosensors to predict outcome of patients with advanced breast cancer.
The applicant should hold a PhD in the area of chemistry, nanotechnology and/or molecular biology. The applicant should have the ability to plan, execute and interpret experiments independently; the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues; high level inter-personal and communication skills; and aptitude for research as demonstrated by publications in high quality international journals.
This is a full-time, fixed term appointment for 1 year at Research Academic Level A or B dependent on qualifications and experience, with the possibility of a one year extension. The remuneration package will be in the range $67,958-$72,949 p.a. for Academic Level A and $76,789-$91,187 for Academic Level B , plus employer superannuation contributions of 17% (total package will be in the range $79,511 – $85,351 p.a. for Academic Level A and $89,843 – $106,689p.a for Academic Level B).
To discuss this role please contact Professor Melissa Brown on firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit an application for this role, use the Apply button below. All applicants must supply the following documents: Cover letter, Resume and Selection Criteria responses.
For information on completing the application process click here.
Application closing date:
02 May 2011 11:55pm E. Australia Standard Time
Benefits for staff include
- Family friendly policies including options for flexible working hours
- Staff Development Program to enhance career paths
- Generous superannuation scheme with up to 17 percent employer contributions
- 26 weeks paid parental leave for eligible staff in addition to the Government allowance
- A variety of salary sacrifice arrangements.
- Questions about the advertised job should be directed to the person named under the ‘enquiries’ section
- After the first page of the Application form has been completed, you can save your unfinished application and return to it at any time prior to the closing date, to complete and submit
- Email yourself a copy of the advertisement, and save a copy of the position description to your computer. These documents will not be visible after the closing date.